Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Sisters

What a blessing to have a sister. I must admit though, I was pretty nervous when when I found out we were having another girl.  I have 4 sisters and 1 brother, and I love each one of them! I was so glad Eliza would have a sister, because my sisters are my best friends! But, I also knew that girls are pretty emotional and tend to compare  themselves to each other.  I was nervous that I wouldn't be able to make both girls feel special and important even though they'll be different. 


 And then I had Abby.  Even though she looks so much like Eliza, she is different from Eliza and unique, and I love her! (Andrew does too!)
 And Eliza loves her too-- a little too much sometimes.

3 comments:

  1. Sisters ARE the best! I felt so differently about having another baby. I really really wanted it to be a girl so Oakley could have a sister close to her in age, just like I did. And I was slightly disappointed to find out that Peter was a boy... but I don't feel an ounce of that disappointment now because I love his crazy little self. And he and O are becoming good friends, (and good enemies) despite their gender differences. Peter likes to play dress up and have tea parties just as much as Oakley. And maybe there will be less drama later on because Peter was a boy. :) Your girls are so sweet!! Poor Andrew is very outnumbered but I'm guessing he loves it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same worries! It's amazing how your heart just opens up room for more. I have to keep reminding myself of that now with girl #3 on the way. Your girls are so blessed to have such a good mom who loves them and teaches them all about life. And about girly things. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Erica! Abby is beautiful and I love seeing pictures of her and Eliza. Hope all is well with all of you!

    ReplyDelete