The Boys. From the left, it's Andrew's brother Matt, Andrew's Dad, John, brother Jacob, Papa Lowe, and then the lovely Andrew.
One the bottom is Andrew's sister Lydia, Andrew's Mom, Debbie, and then me!
We had a lot of fun. We spent some time downtown D.C.--even ice skating outside downtown! What a cool city. We also went to a really fun wedding reception, and fun just hanging around. Thanks Lowe's!!
Sunday, January 17, 2010
We've been married a WHOLE YEAR!! Woohoo! It seems like we've been married longer that that, but at the same time, the time has flown by. Marriage is such a wonderful thing. I'm so grateful to be married to a wonderful man. :) Some exciting things that have happened this year are...
- We got married! December 27, 2008 in St. Paul, MN. I know...we're crazy.
- I finished school and conquered the Teacher Work Sample. That was probably one of my greatest moments of weakness--I'm a sane person now that it's done.
- Andrew took the MCAT...twice! And he's applied to medical schools and had a few interviews. Now word yet on where! We're just waiting.
- We went to California--Sacramento and San Francisco. We had a blast and even got to see Wicked there. We visited with Andrew's Aunt Kristina and Uncle Josh, and we also got to hang out with my Aunt Becky and Uncle Wade. My family was able to come out too! Very fun.
- I got a job teaching!! WOOHOO!! Teaching is much more enjoyable now than it was at the beginning of the year. They kids say funny things. One kid in my class said that he and his parents were going to watch Harry Potter for his parent's wedding anniversary. He then explained that Harry Potter #1 "came out when my parents were about teenagers, so it means a lot to them." I wonder if he had some say in what movie they watched... And I wonder how old he thinks I am, because I'm pretty sure that movie came out when I was a teenager, and I'm definitely not old enough to be his mom.
- We went to Maryland...twice! Once for fall break and then for Christmas break! It's so fun out there. Andrew's family is there, and we've had fun spending time with them.
- We've read the whole Percy Jackson series. If you haven't read it, YOU MUST! They are great.
- My sister Natalie got married to Alex Madsen over Thanksgiving break! They are a great couple, and we couldn't be happier for them. :)
- Andrew's brother Matt got home from his mission in Italy. I met him for the first time in the airport! Both of Andrew's brothers are here at BYU and I have 2 siblings out here too! It's been fun having so many siblings here.
- We conquered the swine flu!